Friday, January 27, 2012

Better late than never...

This is my very first post! Yeah! I wanted to start blogging on the 1st of January, but life happens and then some...so here I am, better late than never. I'm still not sure I like the look of my blog but it will have to do for now. Hopefully in the days and weeks and months to come I will fill this blog with all the lovely & beautiful things I plan to make this year. Not forgetting lots and lots of lovely inspirational pictures I find on the net...I'm a serious serial image googler:)

So to start off with, I'm in love with 'shabby chic' and have been using up my internet bytes googling shabby chic blogs and downloading loads and loads of chicness to inspire me for making everything from jewelry to recycled 'tin food can lanterns'. There is just sooooooo many ideas out there. I've also been hoarding a mountain of 'junk' to up cycle and turn into art...food cans, soda cans, glass jars, egg cartons, plastic milk jugs, those bread-bag-tie-thingies, etc. In the last week though I've been re-learning to crochet...so imagine the big bulging file of free patterns that's been downloaded, everything from basic crochet stitches and easy crochet flowers for beginners to things I've never heard of...cowls & cloches...which turned out to be a kind of scarf and a hat. Learning new things all the time people!

So here goes some inspiration:
Beautiful art...Portrait Of A Lady As Evelina by John Hoppner
Hearts....I can never get enough of them!
...see:)
Lovely jewelry...mmmm...I've made a few nice pieces in the past few weeks and will be posting pictures of them soon...
Glorious Lavender!!!
Roses in vintage blue jars...just perfect.
Burlap and lace.
White paint! I dream of a room like this...
Have white paint and old frame...will be making a notice board like this before the year is out.
Love the fabric, love the flower, lover everything...
 Paper roses...
Lanterns...how am I going to cut heart shapes out of them so neatly?
Faux mercury glass...very chic.
Irish Lace Scarf...downloaded a free pattern from http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80771AD.html
I can't wait to get all the goodies to make this one...it's too perfect!
Will soon be posting my version of this crochet necklace. So stylish...

I think that's enough for my first post. Next time look for lots of pics of my own projects. I can't wait...



No comments: