Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Photo A Day Challenge - Day 15 & 16

Day 15: An Ordinary Moment


A familiar sight around our house,
my little Daisy cat on the bed against the pillows (atishoo!!)
...she fell asleep during the (N)ieews:)




I received some lovely comments
on Fat Mum Slim's Facebook page about this one...
"So dreamy" & "Gorgeous cat".



Day 16: Two Things



My vintage copy of "Pride & Prejudice"
& my little mp3 player...something old & something new. 




 This copy of Pride & Prejudice is very special to me.
There is an inscription in the front:
my grandfather's signature; the date: 1943; & the place: Johannesburg. 
It also contains some lovely illustrations inside by C.E. Brock.




 
 Charles Edmund Brock (5 February 1870 – 28 February 1938)
was a widely published English line artist and book illustrator,
who signed his work C. E. Brock.
 He was a very successful illustrator of the books of authors such as
Jonathan Swift, William Thackeray, Jane Austen, and George Eliot.


Well that's that for today...I'm still working on getting my office/studio
ready for the new year. Sorting papers and throwing stuff out...
...purging so to speak.
I didn't have a worktable in here, just a desk
(which is always cluttered)
but now I have a desk and a worktable!! 
The only problem is...3m x 3m rooms can only contain
that many pieces of furniture and art & craft supplies.
So there is major reshuffling of "stuff" going on.



Love & Blessings













 

No comments: